TREND REPORT: CÉLINE SS14 RTW

Celine Spring Summer 2014 Ready To Wear

Celine Spring Summer 2014 Ready To Wear

Celine Spring Summer 2014 Ready To Wear

Celine Spring Summer 2014 Ready To Wear



After 5 years of minimalistic shapes and safe palettes, Phoebe philo has reinvented Céline once again by injecting bold colour and movement into it's SS14 RTW collection. 'Power to Women' Philo has described the new collection as and there is definitely a celebratory vibe in the choice of colours and fabrics. Wide brush strokes of contrasting shades of reds, yellows, greens, blues and black (reminiscent of abstract expressionist artwork) stood out to me, as did the chiffon pleated skirts and dresses (expect to see the highstreet flooded with copycat inspired pieces next year). 

Footwear ranged from 'Birkenstock-esque' sandals with gladiator straps lacing up the leg to leather sling-backs with buckles and perspex heels. Bags were a combination of leather and suede with structured metal handles and flowing tassels - not as refined as the infamous classic box bag (which is still on my wish-list).

Phoebe has definitely caught the attention of the fashion world with her loud and change-in-direction designs, however I have to admit, I am a fan of her minimalistic and some-what reserved collections; but then again, I shy away from colour! 

What are your reactions to the much anticipated Céline collection? 



5 comments :

  1. great post!! follow each other on GFC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, you have a great blog, I have followed you on GFC & Bloglovin'.

      Raquel

      Delete
  2. I totally agree - i'm way more of a minimalist and generally shy away from color and patterns. However, where Philo goes, i usually follow! I call collection like these "growers", as it, it'll prob grow on me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, completely agree with you on the 'grower' term, I'm already looking forward to S/S so I can experiment with some bold colours!

      Raquel

      Delete
    2. I love Phoebe Philo and in the last year Céline has become one of my favorites. I will wear bold colors every now and then but only one piece at a time, like an emerald green top or a ruby red dress while out on the town or on a date. As much as I love Philo's designs, this Spring collection just didn't do it for me and I felt it was way over the top with the ultra bright hues. I might grow to like it more as the year goes on but I certainly wouldn't wear anything as bold. And bold is exactly what she had in mind for this collection. I guess I'm a fan of her more subdued pieces and I didn't see any of those for Spring 2014. I still love her designs and even though this season wasn't for me I still have Fall to look forward to.

      Delete